A Tab-Serter is a device that will place a paper tape marker in a stack of paper from a printer. When used with the specially designed electronic counter – controller, the tape marker is precisely marks the paper stack.
This Tab-Serter is a redesign of the forty-year-old Badger Meter tabber. The best points of the Badger device have been retained while improvements have been made to lengthen the life and increase the speed of the Tab-Serter.
· Two solenoids are used instead of one. One solenoid advances the tape and then a second solenoid cuts the tape. Each solenoid is pulsed for a fraction of a second so they never run hot.
· The clutch spring used in the Badger tabber has been replaced with an off the shelf roller bearing clutch with a long life.
· A new, easy-to-set, electronic counter with a simple menu is included.
· Input speed to the counter has been increased to 20,000 sheets/hour.
· Maximum tab rate is one/second.
· Pedestal Height
Tall 31” to 49”
Short 18” to 27”
· Tape Channel Length
Long 17” beyond the tabber body
Short 8” beyond the tabber body
Filtered for dry contacts (limited sheet rate)
Unfiltered for solid state (high speed sheet rate)